BabyGold takes the processing of personal data very seriously. We are committed to ensuring the best level of protection for your personal data in accordance with the Belgian law of 8 December 1992 and the applicable European regulations. In this section, you will find details relating to the collection of personal data and what we do with it.
Who processes your data?
The personal data collected is recorded and processed by BabyGold.
What data is it?
BabyGold also uses data collected from third parties, provided that you have given your consent to these third parties.
The mandatory or optional nature of the data is indicated to you during collection by an asterisk (*). Some data is collected automatically as a result of your actions on the site.
Examples of the data we collect:
surname, first name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, gender, date of birth, order history, history of files linked to our after-sales service, reimbursement request for the difference, products consulted and navigation data on our site ...
For what purpose are your data processed?
BabyGold collects and processes your data for specific and legal purposes. The processing of your data is largely carried out within the framework of the sales contract concluded between you and BabyGold. Certain processing operations are then carried out to meet legitimate interests, on the basis of your consent or for legal obligations (such as, for example, our tax or accounting obligations).
Your data is processed for the following purposes:
- To manage your orders and provide you with the services you have requested, such as for example the delivery of your order at home, the preparation of your order and its collection in one of our stores or at a pick-up point, ...
- Manage your requests made to our after-sales service, such as the repair of a product or the arrival of an BabyGold technician for a repair.
- To send you information:
- Following an order or as part of the follow-up of a contract by means of information messages (order confirmation, information on the time of delivery, information on the expiry of your contract, etc.).
- To collect your opinion on our services and on the products you have purchased.
- To advise you and offer you products related to your purchases.
- To offer you products and services that may be of interest to you.
- To send you information following a visit to our website or to one of our stores.
- To keep you up to date with new products and provide you with interesting product information.
You can of course at any time object to the sending of commercial e-mails. By modifying your preferences in your BabyGold account or by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails. You can also send us your request, by e-mail to the e-mail address info@BabyGold.be , or to the postal address 258-260 Rue de Brabant 1030 Brussels.
- Personalize and improve our services and our communication. We use your data to get to know your expectations better and target certain messages that we send to you so that they are as relevant as possible. So we can, for example, use your browsing or purchase history to offer you products that may be of interest to you. In the event that you contact us on 0032-475-32 00 01 , it is possible that the conversation will be recorded for training purposes. The goal is to teach our employees how to best answer our customers' questions.
- The creation and management of your BabyGold account. This data will be used to facilitate navigation on our websites and your online orders by first completing your personal data in the order form.
- Fight against fraud. In the event of payment by installment at the time of purchase, a copy of the face of the identity card is requested, to avoid abuse and fraud. This copy is sent securely to our accounts. When buying online, a fraud check can also be done.
- Carrying out studies. We may use your data by making it anonymous to generate statistics and reports regarding the use of our services and the sale of our products.
- Surveillance cameras We use surveillance cameras in some stores. A poster at the entrance to the store indicates their presence. The recorded images are only kept to identify possible theft or fraud. These images can be transmitted to the police or to the competent authorities as part of an investigation.
How long is my data kept?
We keep your data throughout our business relationship and for the average lifespan of your device. The period for which your data is kept may vary depending on your last contact with BabyGold, but also depending on the type of device you purchased (for example, we keep your data longer if you buy a washing machine than for a PC). In this way we can offer you optimal after-sales service.
Surveillance camera images and telephone conversation recordings are kept for 1 month.
Is my data shared with third parties?
BabyGold may share your personal data with third parties in order to subcontract services:
- Partners who provide services on our behalf and under our explicit request. For example, a delivery service to deliver or ship orders, a repair shop to repair a defective device ...
- Sometimes, large appliances and televisions are repaired at home by the suppliers themselves (or a designated partner). In these cases, your data will be transferred to them so that they can make an appointment with you.
- For our marketing campaigns, we use external service providers and communicate your personal data to them, in particular for sending e-mails and addressed letters, for carrying out analyzes which help us to better understand our customers and their behavior (example: Google, Facebook) or to send you personalized advertisements via external platforms (example: Google, Facebook, Instagram).
- Suppliers of products that we market as part of a product recall or important communication concerning this product.
- As part of a purchase made on our Marketplace, your data is communicated to our partner seller so that he can deliver the ordered product to you.
We ensure that these third parties manage your personal data securely. Note that if your data is transferred outside the EU, the transfer is governed by a contract which gives guarantees at least as strict as the European regulations in this area.
What are my rights with regard to my personal data?
As a consumer, you have the right to consult your personal data at any time. You have the right to modify or delete inaccurate or obsolete data and the right to object to the processing of your personal data. You can also exercise your right to be forgotten or to the portability of your data. To do so, send us your request to the e-mail address info@BabyGold.be , or to the postal address 258-260 Rue de Brabant 1030 Brussels.
You can object to the sending of commercial emails at any time. By changing your preferences in your BabyGold account or by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails. You can also send us your request, by e-mail to the e-mail addressinfo@BabyGold.be , or at the postal address 258-260 Rue de Brabant 1030 Brussels.
In the event of a complaint regarding the exercise of your rights, please contact us via the above e-mail address. You can also contact the Data Protection Authority via the site www.autoriteprotectiondonnees.be. They can be contacted by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 02/274 48 78.
And in terms of security? What does BabyGold do?
BabyGold undertakes to take technical and organizational measures to protect the information and personal data collected. The goal is to protect your data against destruction, loss or unintentional or unauthorized modification. These measures involve, among other things, the use of a firewall and the limitation of access to personal data to BabyGold employees to the extent necessary for the performance of their duties.
Who can I contact in case of questions or comments?
To receive a free copy of this privacy statement or if you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data, you can contact BabyGold by e-mail at info@BabyGold.be , or at 258-260 Rue de Brabant 1030 Brussels.
Can this Privacy Statement be changed?
This Privacy Statement was drafted on 11/13/2018 and can be changed at any time. You will not be notified of changes in advance, but you will always find the latest publication date on this page and in our stores.